Hey there ,
In Today’s Email:
🛒 E-Commerce To-Do: Up-selling & Cross-selling Secrets 💰
🔑 Advanced E-Commerce: Acquire an edge over your competitors
😇 Evergreen Scam: The first Nigerian Prince scam is over 100 years old – A surprising history of phishing 🎣
🛒 E-COMMERCE TO-DO: Up-selling & Cross-selling Secrets 💰
While working with brands from all over the world, one thing we have learned is that an order is not the end of a sale.
If you are smart, you can add to it 💹 with cross-selling and up-selling tactics.
Take a burger 🍔, for example. How can the customer make it even better and more delicious? You can add more cheese 🧀, mayo, or pickles to it. This is an example of up-selling.
So it is a good idea to further ask your customer if he wants his burger with fries or a drink🥤 – building around the initial order with complimentary stuff.
This is what cross-selling looks like.
If you can do it right- you can improve your avergae-order-value.
Here is what helps you become a pro at it- as we have observed:
- Know your audience’s wants & pain points: Go beyond demographics and try to understand what makes them tick ✅. What would add to their pleasure? What would solve a problem they may have? Understanding these will help you locate the right products to up-sell and cross-sell.
- Understand their journey: This is especially true for existing customers. How are they using your product? If they are happy 😁- they are more likely to recommend your brand to others as well. This is the point when they are more receptive to your up-selling and cross-selling endeavors 👍. Remember, if you push them to do it early, you run the risk of losing them.
- Be an active listener: Most importantly- LISTEN 👂to what they are saying. Try to figure out what is prompting their praise, complaint, or comment. When you have the answer to that, you can craft an offer they cannot refuse.
Note: If you want to discuss strategy, just hit reply on this mail. I reply to every mail personally.
🔑 ADVANCED E-COMMERCE : Acquire an edge over your competitors
If you have an online store- you need to stand out from the crowd. While working with our clients, we saw the best outcomes with the following:
- Personalized outreach campaigns: Personalized SMS and emails 📲are an intimate and effective way to grab attention. They work even better if you have any personalized discounts.
- Loyalty programs: When your shoppers are spoilt for choice, give them a reason to stick with you. Show your appreciation 🎁 with an emotional appeal, and you will see them staying loyal to you.
- Optimize your content to multiply your traffic: This is a cost-effective, organic way to improve footfall. Create content 📝 that is intrinsic to your brand and marketing plan- not an afterthought. Hook your audience in, and they will keep coming back.
Does that sound intimidating? It’s really not. Write to us, and we will simplify it with you.
Fun Fact About Us
82% of BrandLoom clients see an uptick of at least 20% in their revenue after the implementation of BrandLoom’s strategies.
😇 EVERGREEN SCAM : The Nigerian Prince Scam Is Over A 100 Years Old!
While looking up cybersecurity information for our clients, we came across this nugget 🌐.
Did you know that the ubiquitous “Nigerian Prince” 👑scam is over 100 years old?
Yes, the most common phishing scam pre-dates the internet.
In the early 1900s, people placed ads in newspapers 🗞for everything. One ad from Prince Bill Morrison of Nigeria appeared in many papers. He was looking for some American pen-pals ✍.
Once the correspondence started, the noble prince asked for a small token of friendship from his friends- a few bucks 💵 and a pair of pants the friend no longer needed.
In exchange for these, Prince Morrison was ready to give them ivory and gold. In the spirit of true friendship, his pen-pals sent him their worn trousers and a fistful of dollars.
The promised ivory and gold shipment, however, never arrived.
Soon, post offices 🏤 across the country were flooded with angry complaints. The police were forced to investigate- and they did locate the Nigerian prince!
He turned out to be a fourteen-year-old American boy with a vivid imagination and mischievous mind 👦.
His age prevented further lawful action, and nobody wanted to admit publicly that they had been duped by a teenager- but the idea took off 🚀. Soon, scammers started to follow the model of starting by asking for something small that didn’t cost anything (penpalship) and then moving on to the real kill (cash).
So if you are ridding your spam folder 📂 of such appeals from exiled royalty, remember that it all started with a bored fourteen-year-old boy almost a century ago.
Interesting isn’t it?
That’s it for today, thanks for reading.
Note: If you want to discuss strategy, just hit reply on this mail.