The concept of testimonials has gained a lot of relevance in present times. When it comes to marketing, testimonials play a vital role in showcasing a brand’s credibility in a good light. Want to know what is a testimonial and how to write one for adding more value and recognition to your business or company? Read on!
What is a Testimonial
A testimonial consists of a person’s written or spoken statement including the virtues of a particular brand, business, or company.
Testimonial meaning in english
Add Glory to your Virtues with Testimonials.
To put it in an easy language, a testimonial is a formal statement that validates your character and qualifications. Testimonials usually come from customers, colleagues, or people who have experienced benefits as a result of your work.
But you know what! Powerful testimonials are not only limited to simple statements that proclaim your good work. There’s more to it. Testimonials need to resonate with your targeted audience. The perfect testimonials are the ones that tell you a story. They should inspire and motivate the people who are reading it.
Testimonials are a great way to put your brand in good limelight. They add glory to your good work. Want to know how? Read on!
Here is a testimonial Sample from a client of ours GetLitt! for our Digital Marketing services:
We had a great app idea but we didn’t know how to present it before the masses. You know, the competition is raving, so we wanted somebody to help us with building a strong online presence. Unfortunately, even we weren’t able to find ourselves online with our brand name. We’re glad to have found BrandLoom to our rescue. The professional team took the ideas that we had and put it on the web to get us the results our brand actually wanted. GitLit was just a name until the brilliant marketing plan designed by BrandLoom gave us an extensive digital presence. They strategically redesigned our site map and implemented latest search engine techniques. The traffic moved up from virtually zero to 20,000+ in near 6 months. This was indeed a great outcome for us! It clearly showed a return for the diligence, attention to detail and effort throughout the marketing process.Richa Sethi, Cofounder and CEO of GetLitt!
Testimonial meaning in Hindi
Testimonial को हिंदी मैं प्रशंसापत्र कहते हैं।
इसे आज की कामकाजी आसान भाषा में कहें, तो प्रशंसापत्र एक औपचारिक कथन है जो आपके चरित्र और योग्यता को मान्यता प्रदान करता है। प्रशंसापत्र आमतौर पर ग्राहकों, सहकर्मियों या ऐसे लोगों से आते हैं जिन्हें आपके काम के परिणामस्वरूप लाभ मिला है।
लेकिन क्या आप जानते हैं कि एक शक्तिशाली प्रशंसापत्र न केवल सरल कथनों तक सीमित हैं जो आपके अच्छे काम की घोषणा करते हैं। इसमें और भी बहुत कुछ है।
Testimonial या प्रशंसापत्र का सम्पूर्ण फ़ायदा उठाने के लिए आपोको इसे अपने ग्राहकों के साथ साझा करना पड़ता हैं। सही प्रशंसापत्र वे हैं जो आपको एक कहानी बताते हैं। उन्हें उन लोगों को प्रेरित करना चाहिए जो इसे पढ़ रहे हैं।
प्रशंसापत्र आपके ब्रांड को अच्छी लाइमलाइट में रखने का एक शानदार तरीका है। वे आपके अच्छे काम में गौरव बढ़ाते हैं। जानना चाहते हैं कैसे? तो पढ़ते रहिये!
What’s the need for testimonials?
In today’s fast – paced environment, the notion of validation has gained decent relevance. Time is fleeting and the skill of observation needs to be accompanied with reliable evidence. As a result, the role of testimonials has come into play. In these modern times, our beliefs are often based on testimony. Testimonials, basically, represent the conduct and qualities of a particular entity in the best light possible. These testimonials are either verbal or written in nature.
The professional actuality of a product, service or an individual is quite dependent on the quality of testimonial attached to it. Thus, all our values are in dire need of confirmation. The basic motive of a testimonial is to promote the essence and value of the entity in question.
Your testimonial page can be a platform to broadcast how your product or services have helped people. This platform can be used as a powerful tool for establishing trust amongst your target audience. They can motivate your potential customers to avail of your product or service. They have an important part to play when it comes to planning your content marketing strategy.
So, get in touch with your happy customers and collect valuable feedback from them.
Want to have a closer look at what makes a great testimonial? We have got your back. We will help you craft good testimonials that will increase your credibility.
Before that, let us see what type of testimonials you can look for.
Types of testimonials
Do you know there are different ways you can display testimonials? Let’s delve into some of the best types of testimonials that you can use to show off your customer’ feedback in the perfect ways possible:
Showcase your service or product with testimonial quotes
- These testimonial quotes are ads or artwork that display positive arguments made in favor of your brand or company. This testimonial is usually accompanied by the image of the person who presented the statement to give it a touch of a better reality.
- Quote testimonials are a way to demonstrate support for your service from a user who has benefited from it.
- Use the voice of your customers to advertise your brand or company. This way you can build strong credibility with potential leads.
Create effective content with audio testimonials
- Audio testimonials are a cost-effective way of creating effective content. You don’t require a full-fledged production crew or expensive equipment to make an audio testimonial.
- All you need is a microphone, recording software, and a quiet room to record it.
- Thread different customer quotes together in one track.
- Audio testimonials are very effective as they can be listened to in almost every setting.
Social media testimonials for better brand awareness
- Your social media channels can naturally capture a customer testimonial.
- As per the Go-Globe reports, nearly 70% of consumers use social media for customer service issues on at least one occasion.
- It is more convenient for a customer to write a review about you on social platforms. That review can influence many other people.
- Make sure that you engage with your customers when you see them promoting your brand.
Case studies – Showcasing your track record and expertise
- Case studies involve an in-depth analysis of an individual customer’s experience with your company. These testimonials use a more scientific approach to prove how you have played a role in the customer’s success.
- Case studies include facts and observations to show how your products or services benefitted your customer.
- They provide you with a potential lead with a complete customer story.
Customer review and interviews
- Customer interviews can be considered as a flexible approach to testimonials because they can be presented over a variety of different forms.
- They can be presented as a video clip, audio piece, or can be transcribed to a written interview.
- Customer interviews are a very effective form of testimonial.
- You can use customer testimonials for your business because they are easy to upload. You can screenshot them from the review sites and then post them on your website.
- Customer testimonials can motivate your potential audience to engage with you.
The power of authority testimonials – Influencer testimonials
- Influencer testimonial or authority testimonial is a testimonial that includes a celebrity who supports your brand or company.
- Mostly, this type of testimonial involves a significant influencer who can easily attract the attention of the target audience. An influencer can help you build your brand’s value.
- Now, authority testimonials can be expensive to produce. You might even face difficulty finding the right influencer. But when these testimonials succeed, they can be a great win-win for you.
A good article or blog post can boost your brand value
- A blog post is a detailed way of presenting customer testimonials. You can hire bloggers who can write about your customer’s story in-depth.
- A blog post enables you to tell the customer’s story from your viewpoint.
Expand your brand’s reach with the press review
- You can also get your business featured in the news. Being on the news can fetch you millions of potential customers.
- Moreover, this can boost your brand awareness.
- Videos are quite popular in times of digital dominance. In fact, videos have the best ROI compared to any other type of content.
- A good testimonial video clip has the potential of going viral if the content is compelling enough.
- With customer testimonial videos, you can show the successful experiences of your past clients. This can encourage your target audience to make a purchase.
Do these testimonials’ ideas seem good? It’s time to start crafting your own customer testimonials. Testimonial icons are a must for your company’s site.
But before you feature these testimonials, you need to understand some of the best practices for designing them.
What makes a Good Testimonial
To my viewpoint, a good testimonial should include the following:
- Authenticity- supported with proofs.
- Credibility- there should be more information based upon facts.
Moreover, if it is not unnecessarily long, then it will also save the time of the reader. It should be brief and objectively precise. Innovative inputs such as social media proofs and links add to the richness of the testimonial.
Also, associating face value with the testimonial is of great benefit. For eg, the promotion of a particular brand by a socially recognisable and responsible person will fetch the brand more trust from its audience. A testimonial should be mind engaging in nature. It should be like a sweet hymn, reflecting the sound of your potential so that the viewers get attracted and interested. It should project a story in itself.
On the digital front, it should be accompanied by video clips, appreciation audios or case studies that put it’s credibility into limelight. Moreover, it should be visually attractive. A treat to the eye never hurts, afterall. The web design should be creative in order to cater the needs of the testimonial.
Best practices for website testimonials
Let’s discuss some of the key fundamentals that you should focus on when creating customer testimonials:
1 Testimonials should be visually engaging.
Make sure that you feature testimonials with descriptive language that is detailed enough to help convince your prospects to make a purchase. You can incorporate more visual elements like images, videos or social media feeds. These elements can make your content more visual in nature.
2 Your testimonials should be specific in nature.
Try choosing customer reviews that highlight specific use cases for your product or service. This may motivate your potential buyers to engage with your brand or business.
3 Make sure your testimonials are aligned.
You should highlight testimonials that align with specific features of your service or product. You can share relevant images or demo videos alongside your testimonials.
Keep in mind the simple points mentioned above and you are set to go. We hope that you now you got an idea as to what is a testimonial or the important types of testimonials.
Testimonial format – How to write a testimonial?
Good writing is the key to a good testimonial. Here are some writing tips for a great testimonial:
- Try to keep the testimonial short. Very long testimonials are unlikely to be read by customers. So, focus on keeping it short. Maybe, 25-50 words are enough.
- Your testimonial should be of a direct nature. Use the most impactful statement in the beginning. Select the compelling words in the testimonial and try to highlight them more.
- Also, your testimonial should be authentic. Let your customers express their views freely.
- Your testimonials should include a lot of information like your name, title, and company. The more information in your testimonial, the more credible it is.
Want to learn more about how to write a testimonial? Don’t worry! Let us explain to you in detail. Ready? Let’s go!
Customer Testimonial examples
Here are some Good client testimonials examples:
How to write a testimonial?
Brand awareness becomes easy when others vouch for your services. Powerful testimonials add credibility to your company. Testimonials can sell your services for you. Want to know how to write a testimonial? Read on!
Writing tips for a great testimonial
Want to represent a compelling testimonial for your service or product? Here are some useful tips to keep in mind when thinking about how to write a testimonial:
1 Showcase benefits in your testimonial
Your testimonial should demonstrate what impact your service has had on a client. It should show your potential customers why they should care about engaging with you. In order to get a persuasive testimonial, ask your client or customer why they bought your product or thought of hiring you.
2 Try to overcome objections
In order to attract your potential audience, you need to overcome certain objections. Like, prospects may think that you are expensive. Or maybe, they don’t feel like trusting you. These kinds of objections may stop them from contacting you.
Persuasive client testimonials or good customer testimonials can help overcome such hesitations or objections. They can help you solve your branding challenges.
3 Try to use the selling power of testimonials
You should try to integrate testimonials with your sales copy everywhere like your homepage, about page, service or product pages, your sales emails, or even LinkedIn.
As we said before, testimonials can help you build your credibility, and in the long run, grow your business. Let us look at how they benefit you.
Benefits of customer testimonials
Customer testimonials work because they can provide your target audience with social proof and validation. Testimonials ads can work like magic for you. Want to understand how customer or client testimonials are relevant?
Advantages of testimonials
Let’s expand on the reasons how testimonials can work for you:
1 Testimonials provide social proof
Customer testimonials can provide you with a credibility boost. They can motivate your potential audience to purchase your product or service.
2 Customer testimonials can appeal to emotions
Good testimonials have the potential to speak to one’s heart. They can highlight the problems that you solved or how your customers had a wonderful experience after using your product or service.
3 Testimonials can enhance your brand visibility
Great testimonials can put your business or company into the limelight. Moreover, the more people talk about you, the wider your reach. Good testimonials can help your brand or company grow and can play an important role in your success story.
Customer testimonials can do wonders for your business, brand, or company. They are a great source of a nice brand image, lead generation, and also company sales. Try adding relevant testimonials to your site and measure the results yourself.
Well, we all love a good story. And this is the reason that a testimonial is so effective. Testimonials tend to humanize your brand in a way. Sourcing great testimonials are one of the simplest ways of showing off your worth. By now, you can surely be in no doubt as to what is a testimonial and how to write one.
Testimonials are powerful tools that can be used for building trust and social proof amongst your potential customer base. Craft your testimonials today. Let them add glory to your worth and values. It’s time to shine!
To summarise, I would like to say that claims go in vain if not supported by material evidence. A tree is marked as beautiful by the number of fruits or flowers it holds. The fruits act as evidence to the beauty of a tree. Testimonials hold the same value when it comes to a product, service or any such entity. They speak in favour of the virtues you possess. Let each virtue shine. Let testimonials project your worth.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a testimonial?
A testimonial consists of a person’s written or spoken statement including the virtues of a particular brand, business, or company.
- What are employee testimonials?
Employee testimonials showcase employees’ talking about their real work experiences. This can also help you boost your company’s reputation as they highlight the company’s values and work environment.
- Are testimonies different from testimonials?
A testimony is said to be a declaration that is made by a person under an oath. A testimonial, on the other hand, is a statement which is in support of a particular fact, truth or claim.
- What is testimonial advertising?
Testimonial advertising includes a person’s written or spoken statement that highlights the virtues of a particular brand, company or business.