Many dream of finding their target audience and selling their products online. And there is still a lot of work to be done once your online store is ready. The trick to attract customers to your product page is the most difficult, but all of its solutions lie in ecommerce seo techniques.
Ecommerce SEO is nothing but simple search engine optimization for an e-commerce store.
The faster your page appears on the Google search results in searching a keyword, the more chances you have to get clicked.
Suppose a keyword is searched and your page shows up at the first position; then it will get about ten times higher clicks than the website placed at the tenth position.
The websites on the second page of the search result get less than 1% clicks. Hence BrandLoom offers eCommerce SEO services to ensure there is always a way to make those sales.
With our SEO efforts, you can rank higher in search results, and people are more prone to find you. The more traffic you get, the more chances you have to make sales.
So let’s find out our recommended 9 SEO strategies for eCommerce websites.
SEO Strategies for eCommerce Websites
1 Improve eCommerce SEO with effective keywords
Each word that people search for online is a keyword.
You must focus on the terms related to your industry and relevant to your audience so that your page can rank higher in search results when people search for it.
The number of keywords you want to target for your pages is your choice, but you must focus on distributing the target keywords throughout your content.
You must also make sure that the target keywords are interrelated.
It would be best if you taught google what your page’s content is about so that it shows your content as soon as a keyword is searched.
Instead of using too many keywords, focus on one or two and distribute that well across the content.
Here are some tips for keyword research.
- Start with basic knowledge: You must consider keywords for which your product or service would be used. That’s the step to begin your keyword research journey.
- Utilize the data: Collect the data of all the keywords people have been using for so long to find your product on google. Implement them into your content to make it more SEO friendly.
- Specification: The common keywords are always broad. For example, ‘bikes’ and ‘petrol pumps’ are always more likely to get more extensive searches than the keywords like ‘double silencer bikes,’ ‘petrol pumps near Andheri,’ and so on. However, the chances of you ranking for broad keywords are limited. To increase traffic to your site, go for long-tail keywords.
- Put yourself in the user’s shoes: This is the most fundamental concept of making any sale. Think like a customer to understand their intent. Consider what a customer may think while searching for a product you offer. For example, you can use specific keywords like ‘branded t-shirt with one-day delivery’ or ‘jewelry shops with hallmark certifications.’ These kinds of purchase-related keywords are more likely to lead to conversions.
2. No Dduplicate content
Any content that already exists on any other website similar to yours is a duplicate. Make sure you don’t create such content for your website.
The search engine gets confused with such content as it cannot decide which content to place first and which to place later when both are similar. It is never sure which content is more accurate, which puts you at a disadvantage.
Here are a few tips to avoid duplicate content.
- Avoid copying content from other websites: Even though your product or service is similar, try to have a uniqueness in your content by preparing a product description of your own.
- Describe each product separately: Though your products might be similar, you must still write separate sets of features and characters for each.
- Keep track of your URLs, including any link, Id, code, etc.
3. Enhance e-commerce SEO with good product descriptions
Apart from the product title, pictures and price, the description should also contain the item’s detailed characteristics and specialty. You can also add features that distinguish the article from all competitors.
You can start talking about the information that excites your target audience, such as measurement, instructions, range, color, etc. Being descriptive and detailed is the best option.
You can keep the reader’s attention converged by putting interesting questions that may arise in their mind. For example, ‘Will the t-shirt serve as gym wear?’, ‘Does the fabric cause irritation when the skin is sweaty?’, etc.
Be detailed with your opening lines for your product. Does the scent of your perfume transport you to a fall forest? Is your V-line dress perfect for an evening out on the town?
Write about that. Also, always use the keywords naturally instead of just stuffing them forcefully. The unnecessary repetition of the keywords causes the readers to lose interest in the product description.
Let us understand with a few examples. Consider you are selling a toddler’s backpack. So, it would help if you did not write: ‘We sell good quality toddler backpacks. Our toddler’s backpack is just $120. The toddler’s backpack available from our website will be delivered within two days. Your kid would love to use our toddler’s backpack.’
It does not sound natural, does it? So, before making too much SEO effect in your article, you must focus on the likes and dislikes of your readers. The text must not be monotonous.
4. User-friendly URL
Always try to get the best out of your URL. Your URL must indicate what your content is all about. Also, keep the URL short.
For example, instead of making a URL for your dog food selling website, like-example.com/store/products/374820/show, you can make it like: example.com/store/dog-food. This helps google to identify the content on your website.
5. Alt text- Technical SEO ecommerce
The search engine can not read your images. The alt text is the only way Google can figure out the meaning behind various images.
The concept of alt text is based mainly on the caption below the image. Try to include the keywords in the caption and the image description.
The description should be such that one can understand the content of the image without seeing the image.
Blind people also use these alt texts as screen readers. It is not always necessary to put keywords in the caption, but if it fits the image meaning, definitely include it.
6. Use Google Ads to test your targets.
You may put a lot of effort and money into attracting people to your product page, but very few of your target audience will purchase your product.
The most trending way to attract the right target audience to the page is through Google ads.
The purpose of these ads is to make your content visible to those targeted customers only, immensely increasing the chances of conversions.
7. No broken links
Broken links make it difficult for search engines to rank your content and make it a struggle for the users to understand the content of your website.
Authority links are also essential for developing trust among users. To ease the difficulty of monitoring those links manually, you can use SEO tools such as the Broken Link Checker plugin.
8. Speed up your site
If you can save your users’ time, they will be more likely to visit your ecommerce site. Speeding up your site, so it takes less time to open is very beneficial for your customers. Follow the underlying tips to make your page load faster.
- Image optimization: Optimizing your images is a great way to reduce page speed. A good optimization tool retains only some images in large sizes, which is necessary. The size of other images would reduce significantly. All the media files would be compressed as much as possible.
- Caching: Plugin such as WP Super Cache will save a copy of the website once the user has visited the site. The page will be loaded faster if the same user comes again later.
- Consider a CDN. A content delivery network stores heavy files outside the website so that they load faster. It also loads your website from distributed servers closest to the location of all individual site visitors.
- A good host can effectively boost the speed of loading the content on your product page.
- Use a few necessary plugins. Unnecessary plugins increase the time for the content to be loaded.
9. Smart use of anchor text.
Another interesting way to attract more users to your site is using relevant anchor text.
You can put internal links to all your other pages, including similar content, for example, all the topics related to indoor fitness.
This would help google understand the connection between all your pages. Also, try to use the target keywords in the anchor texts if possible.
For example, don’t write ‘click here to know more about Lenovo Laptops
Instead, you can write, ‘Here is our list of other information about the user-friendly Lenovo laptops.’
With the rapid change in SEO technologies, e-commerce stores are advancing to survive in the market.
The above-mentioned tactics are effective practices that would effectively suit googles algorithm changes.
To ensure the growth of the business, you must make it clear that your e-commerce store can cope with the rapid changes in the algorithms of search engines. If you are unsure how to get that done, you can reach out to BrandLoom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ecommerce SEO is just like any search engine optimization technique of an online store. It includes writing long descriptions and putting relevant keywords wherever possible on every product page. This is an example of optimization. Another example is obtaining backlinks from relevant websites to improve your online store’s ranking.
It is the process of generating more organic (non-paid or free) traffic from search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo to your online store. E-commerce SEO ensures that your website appears among the top 10 organic search results. Thus, you can gather more visitors on your web page and make sales.
E-commerce stores can greatly benefit from SEO. Many agree that e-commerce stores must focus more on SEO for ranking and customer acquisition purposes.
The most popular practice is to place keywords evenly throughout the content. You have to make sure it doesn’t look spammy.
This would gather more viewers as the search engine would be convinced that your page is the solution for the particular query made by your target audience.
SEO in digital marketing has always been necessary, but it is necessary for e-commerce and other business websites. Learning the ins and outs of e-commerce websites and optimizing your product page for your target audience is best.
SEO is important for e-commerce as it ranks the page higher on search engines. The more SEO-friendly your content is, the more visitors your online store will get, and as a result, the more sales you will make. You will be less likely to spend on advertisements, decreasing your net cost.
E-commerce websites allow you to sell or purchase products online without physically visiting the stores. It contains all the product information one gets from a local store, sometimes even more than those.
The other non-ecommerce/regular websites contain educational or social information that will teach people something new.
E-commerce websites are intended to sell their goods or services and not just gather viewers. Along with viewers, they demand customers for their products.
So, instead of focusing on readable language and catchy headlines, they aim to lure visitors to buy their goods. If you have an e-commerce website, your primary aim is to gather readers and make them feel that your product is perfect for satisfying their needs.
The visitors to your website will be boosted if your website provides great shopping experiences to them.
Make every minor thing convenient for your users, such as creating a new account, logging in to an existing account, easy payment methods, proper product description of all the items, realistic pictures of the items, reasonable prices, convenient delivery, options for saving the articles of their voice and so on.
After you have brought customers to your website and made them go through all the content, make sure you provide them with a fantastic user experience. You must make the checkout process clean and seamless, so they would love to come and buy again from you.