As e-commerce is growing, the world is becoming a smaller place. You can become a global brand by sitting right here in India. Your dream of having a global presence is possible with eCommerce. However, your dream of a global business would not have been possible with a secure international payment gateway solution. In this article I will discuss the Top 10 International Payment Gateway for Indian Merchants.
It is possible you are using another payment gateway of your website and might be wondering what is an international payment gateway?
What is international payment gateway
- As your business goes global, you deal in multiple currencies. Chances of customers making a purchase increases when they see the price of a product in their currency. An international payment gateway allows international customers to make payments in their currency.
- The payment gateway offers maximum security to prevent any fraud happening during transactions.
- Payment gateways accelerate and uncomplicate international payment and transaction.
Top 10 International Payment Gateways for Indian Merchants.
PayPal is one of the most known and trusted online payment gateways for online businesses. It is an extensively used payment gateway and accepts payments through debit cards and credit cards. PayPal seamlessly integrates with a shopping cart to provide a safe and secure online transaction. Available in more than 200 countries, about 3,41,497 websites use PalPal across the globe. Payments are allowed in more than 100 currencies.
Things you should know about PayPal:
- No setup fee.
- Buyer protection provided.
- Refunds and returns services provided.
- For international payments, PayPal charges the seller 4.4% + USD 0.30 + a fixed fee based on the currency (for transactions upto USD 3,000).
- Payments can be made through a mobile app as well as a web browser.
- No annual maintenance charges.
- No withdrawal fees.
- PayPal offers a 24-hour settlement time frame.
Stripe is the perfect payment platform for handling shopping carts of ecommerce websites. What makes them great is that they also offer recurring bill support. It is a one-stop payment solution allowing debit card and credit card processing along with transactions through bitcoins, Alipay and ACH transfers. Spread over more than 139 countries globally, Stripe is perfect if you offer a subscription service.
Things you should know about Stripe
- Their standard plan doesn’t have any setup fee and offers international support in about countries.
- You can receive money from all major card networks like American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Discover. It also allows Google Pay and Apple Pay transactions.
- Stripe charges 4.3% on international cards per transaction.
- There are no monthly costs or any other hidden charges you need to worry about.
- Also provides financial reports and consolidated insights.
Authorize.Net is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Visa. It is the payment solution for small online businesses and merchants. They promote themselves as a merchant for small businesses. Authorize.net can be used to grow business in the US, Canada, Europe and Australia. It has a simplified shopping cart checkout and also supports recurring billing systems. It is a flexible payment gateway that offers 24/7 free support by insightful professionals that assist you in building custom connections.
Things you should know about Authorize.net
- They charge a setup fee as well as monthly fee in addition to the transaction charges.
- They offer two fee structures – a gateway only plan and a gateway + merchant account plan.
- Authorize.net also offers an eCheck processing service.
- They offer :
- Free website payment seal.
- Free fraud protection tolls along with free mobile payments POS app for Android.
- Online training material and tutorials.
Checkout.com has various merits. It offers quick and easy set up for different payment options for international as well as domestic transactions. It is available across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Latin America. Accepted payment methods include all major debit cards and credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club International, American Express, Discover, JCB and UnionPay. Launched in 2012, Checkout.com offers payment options based on its groundbreaking technology and trust.
Things you should know about Checkout.com
- It offers free international payment gateway setup plans.
- Depending upon your transaction volume and card type, you can opt from either of the plans – Enterprise and Standard.
- Payments also accepted through digital wallets like Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- They also have stored-value digital wallet tie-up with PayPal.
- Easy online and mobile payments options available.
- Ecommerce plugins debit card available.
- Netbanking support apart provided.
- Recurrent billing systems supported.
Based in the United States, 2Checkout offers international payment services in more than 90 currencies. They have served over 50,000 merchants in their journey of over 16 years. They have a secure digital wall and supports 8 different payment types. They operate in about 200 international markets. 2Checkout has PCI Level 1 compliance. It also allows personalization and customization according to currency and language.
Things you should know about 2Checkout:
- This international payment gateway supports about 100 types of shopping carts.
- No set up fees. Easy and flexible integration.
- No monthly fees.
- Customers having large data volume can get custom discounts.
- Supports recurring billing.
- Provides advanced protection against frauds.
- Allows mobile optimization.
6 CC Avenue
Found in 2001, a PCI DSS 3.2.1 compliant payment solution for online businesses in India. Helps about 1 lakh+ merchants across the country and accept payments through a wide range of new-age payment. Offers 200+ payment options across its platform including seven major credit card processing (Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, RuPay Cards, Diners, JCB, Discover), 59+ net banking options and 98+ debit card processing in addition to 16 prepaid instruments and 13 bank EMI options. Additionally, Amex EzeClick and UPI payments are supported as well.
Things you should know about CC Avenue:
- There is no initial setup fee charged by them.
- Annual maintenance fee – INR 1200.
- Transactions charges – Flat 2% on domestic credit and debit cards, payment wallets (OlaMoney, Jiomoney, Paytm, PayZapp, SBI Buddy, Freecharge, etc.) and IMPS and UPI payments. On international credit cards, a flat fee of 3% is charged.
7 Allied Wallet
Allied Wallet is a highly trusted secure payment gateway for high-risk international transactions and payments. It has efficient features like NextGen Dashboard capable of providing transaction data at just one click. Currently available in 196 countries, Allied Wallet keeps track of your sale as well. It is incredibly user-friendly with its convenient user-interface. It is a credit card processing and merchant service provider recognized globally. Set up in 2006,
Things you should know about Allied Wallet:
- The international payment gateway Allows easy one-click payment options.
- Offers a Chargeback prevention system.
- Can handle recurring billing for subscription-based business models.
- Allied Wallet offers products for accenting international payments, a global payment gateway and prepaid card facility for affiliates. They also have a eWallet product.
- Accepted payment options include all major credit cards Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, and China Union Pay
- Has no sign-up or setup fee.
- Offers zero-cost integration assistance.
- Offers same-day setup facilities.
ANZ is a great online payment gateway for Indian merchants. It offers plans like – Startup plan, Business Select Plan and Community plan (suited for non-profit groups) They international payment gateway also offers merchant account services.
Things you should know about ANZ:
- Offer web and mobile app payment solution.
- This is amazing – In their startup package, they have waived off the monthly fees for the first 12 months and allows unlimited transactions.
- The Business select plan charged a monthly fee of $32+GST.
- For the community plan designed for non-profits, customised deals are offered. They have also waived off establishment fee, monthly fee and the annual fee.
- Provides insurance specific and prevention of foreign exchange risk.
- Also helps in the Import, export and management of foreign exchange.
Payubiz is a user-friendly online payment gateway for Indian merchants going global. You would be surprised to know that only 30% of the Indian merchants use the international payment gateway solution. One of the most trusted solutions for online payments, Payubiz, provides its services across 16+ countries. It offers the settlement services in 125+ currencies.
Things you should know about Payubiz:
- Hassle-free set up. No need to engage with the local set up as it is self-integrated.
- They offer the best conversion rate in the business.
- To protect the seller, they have partnerships with global banks to reduce forex risk.
- They offer one-tap payment options and services.
- It also offers intuitive integration, best conversion rates and insightful analytics for growing online businesses.
If you are looking for high conversions, SecurionPay is your international payment gateway! They offer a simple, clean and fast way of payments. They have flexible API that can be customized to cater to meet the needs of online businesses.
Things you should know about SecurionPay:
- Has options for customizable checkout popups.
- One-click payments and advancement, resulting in faster checkouts.
- Personalization is their USP.
- Extremely secure transactions.
- Recurring payments option needed for subscription models offered.
- Accepted payment methods include major cards (Mastercard, Visa, Americal Express, Visa Electron, Discover, Diners Club International, JCB and Maestro).
- Bank transfers and SEPA, PayPal, Bitcoin are some other payment methods they are working on.
We hope that one of the above-mentioned payment gateways works for you and you can achieve your global business expansion.